Servings: 4 – Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- taco-size tortillas
- shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, black beans, corn, and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes. Serve in tortillas topped with cheese on top.
Adapted from Life and Kitchen.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Butter and flour two 9 x 5 inch pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon/
- In another bowl, mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in zucchini and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 70 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com.
Servings: 4 – Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pizza crust
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomates
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Combine onion, zucchini, grape tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a roasting pan. Bake for 18 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring after 12 minutes. Add basil to roasted vegetables and toss gently.
- Place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet.Spread pesto evenly over crust. Top with roasted vegetables and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake at 500°F for 7 minutes or until cheese melts.
Adapted from Cooking Light’s Fresh Food Fast.