- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen meatless crumbles
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Drain water from potatoes. In a large bowl, mix boiled potatoes with milk and butter until mashed.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté meatless crumbles, onion, and mushrooms for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until broth has thickened. Season with rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper, add frozen vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon filling into a casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Adapted from Cooking Nook.
Servings: 4 – Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 servings chow mein noodles
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 cup cabbage
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare chow mein noodles according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add carrot, onion, and cabbage. Sauté while noodles cook.
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add cooked noodles and sauce to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Stir to combine and sauté until tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Servings: 4 – Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups macaroni pasta
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare pasta according to the package directions.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and onion and sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in the flour and garlic powder. Continue stirring the mixture until it is light golden, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly mix in the milk. Allow the sauce to simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheddar until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper.
- Mix the cheese sauce with the pasta until evenly combined and serve.
Serves: 4 – Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 cups meatless crumbles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package precooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Remove the top from and deseed the bell peppers.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add meatless crumbles and onion and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Once the meatless crumbles mixture is cooked, mix in the rice, marina sauce, and cheese. Add oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and place in a baking dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Adapted from The Unorthodox Epicure.