Servings: 16 bars – Total time: 2 hours
For the cake:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can pumpkin puree
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9-in x 13-in pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, and eggs until smooth. Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased pan. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, make the frosting. Beat the butter and cream cheese until combined. Add the brown sugar and mix completely. Mix in powdered sugar.
- Wait for the cake to cool completely before frosting. Store frosted cake in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Kitchen Trial and Error’s Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.