Servings: 4 Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 tablespoon2 olive oil
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until softened. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spread 1 tablespoon olive oil over pizza crust. Top with cheese, artichokes, garlic, and cooked spinach and shallot.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with diced tomato.
Adapted from 5 Minutes for Mom.
Servings: 4 – Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 slices of country bread
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, with stems removed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove spinach from skillet.
- To assemble sandwiches, place about 1/8 of the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on the bottom slice of bread. Layer the spinach and artichoke hearts on top. Place another 1/8 of the cheeses and the second slice of bread.
- Turn heat down to medium. Grill each side of the sandwich on the skillet until golden brown. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for remaining sandwiches.
Adapted from pdxfoodlove’s Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese recipe.