- 4 servings udon noodles
- 2 instant dashi packets
- 6 cups water
- green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons sauce
- 1 package prepared aburaage (fried tofu pouch)
- Boil 6 cups water in a medium sauce pan. As water starts to boil, add dashi packets and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove packets. Add mirin and soy sauce to broth and stir.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and prepare udon noodles according to package directions.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil. Blanch the fried tofu pouches for 1-2 minutes. This removes some of the excess oil from the tofu.
- Divide noodles across 4 bowls and top with green onions and aburaage. Pour broth over the noodles.