- 4 servings udon noodles
- 2 instant dashi packets
- 6 cups water
- 1 carrot, sliced
- green onions, chopped
- baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons shiro miso paste
- 4 eggs
- Boil 6 cups water in a medium sauce pan. As water starts to boil, add dashi packets and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove packets. Add garlic, mirin, soy sauce, and miso paste to broth and stir.*
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and prepare udon noodles according to package directions. You can soft boil your eggs at the same time by cooking your eggs with the noodles.
- In another pot, bring water to a boil and cook carrots for 6 minutes. In last minute of cooking, add spinach.
- Divide noodles across 4 bowls and top with eggs, carrots, spinach, and green onions. Pour broth over the noodles.
* Note: Nabeyaki udon broth typically does not contain miso paste. I add it to the broth because I prefer miso broth to regular dashi broth.