Servings: 4 – Total time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat broth in a medium sauce pan to a simmer. Reduce heat and keep warm.
- Place butternut squash in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Mix to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add shallot and 1/2 teaspoon salt and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes. Add rice and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high and add wine. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of warmed broth to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until broth is almost absorbed. Repeat until rice is tender and sauce is creamy. This should take between 20 and 25 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted butternut squash and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and black pepper, and serve with Parmesan cheese.