Note: I have an extreme dislike of spicy foods, so I used a minimal amount of chili paste and watered it down with soy sauce. To make the sauce spicier and more authentic, use more chili paste.
Servings: 4 – Total time: 35 minutes
- 4 servings sticky rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 cups cabbage
- 6 oz spinach
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon gochujang sauce (chili paste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Prepare sticky rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, and grated ginger.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add carrot, cabbage, spinach to skillet, keeping each in separate areas. Sauté until veggies are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Divide cooked sticky rice over 4 bowls. Top rice with cooked vegetables.
- Cook eggs sunny side up in skillet. Top rice and veggies with eggs, sesame seeds, and sauce.