Makes approximately 30 mini muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted cooled to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large apples or 3-4 small apples, peeled and grated
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Squeeze juice from the grated apples, and add to the dry ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Grease a mini muffin pan. Evenly distribute the batter amongst the wells.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Adapted from Domesticate Me.