- 1 + 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 + 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a small saucepan, boil the apple cider until it is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar. Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the buttermilk and reduced cider.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and the nutmeg.
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.
- Spray a donut pan with cooking spray. Spoon the batter into the each mold until they are about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Adapted from Eat. Drink. Love.