Servings: 4 – Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat broth in a medium sauce pan to a simmer. Reduce heat and keep warm.
- Place baby portobello mushrooms in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and 1/2 teaspoon salt and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes. Add rice and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high and add wine. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of warmed broth to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until broth is almost absorbed. Repeat until rice is tender and sauce is creamy. This should take between 20 and 25 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted mushrooms and baby spinach. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and black pepper, and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com’s Gourmet Mushroom Risotto recipe.