- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- green onions, chopped
- sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa, broth, beans, tomato, and the sautéed garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Add cumin and bring to a boil. Redue heat to medium and cover. Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Top with cheese and green onions. Serve with sour cream.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum.