Servings: 4 – Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 slices of country bread
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, with stems removed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove spinach from skillet.
- To assemble sandwiches, place about 1/8 of the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on the bottom slice of bread. Layer the spinach and artichoke hearts on top. Place another 1/8 of the cheeses and the second slice of bread.
- Turn heat down to medium. Grill each side of the sandwich on the skillet until golden brown. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for remaining sandwiches.
Adapted from pdxfoodlove’s Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese recipe.