Servings: 4 – Total time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Heat broth in a medium sauce pan to a simmer. Reduce heat and keep warm.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Mix to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add shallot and 1/2 teaspoon salt and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes. Add rice and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high and add wine. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of warmed broth to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until broth is almost absorbed. Repeat until rice is tender and sauce is creamy. This should take between 20 and 25 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted cauliflower and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and black pepper, and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from A Couple Cooks’ Roasted Cauliflower Risotto recipe.