Servings: 4 – Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 eggplant, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 + 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine eggplant, bell pepper, red onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and garlic in a large roasting pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato and cook for 5 minutes or until tomato is tender. Add basil, balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine roasted vegetables, tomato sauce, and penne in a large bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from Cooking Light’s Fresh Food Superfast.