Servings: 4 – Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 buns or rolls
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Brush marinade onto portobello caps.
- Brush grill with olive oil. Grill portobello caps for 10 minutes or until tender, flipping once. Brush with marinade frequently. Top with cheese and grill another 5 minutes.
- Serve portobello burgers on rolls and garnish with lettuce and tomato.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com’s Portobello Mushroom Burgers recipe.