Servings: 4 – Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 slices sourdough or country bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice Roma tomatoes and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt and black pepper to taste. Bake for 25 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto onto a slice of bread. Top with 1/4 of the roasted tomatoes and basil leaves. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top and complete sandwich with another slice of bread. Repeat for remaining 3 sandwiches.
- Brush olive oil onto grill or panini press. Place sandwich on grill or press and heat until cheese has melted.
Adapted from Oh My Veggies’ Panera-style Tomato & Mozzarella Panini recipe.