I saw this on CraftGawker and thought it was such a cute and perfect diy craft for fall. This garland is really easy to make and can be completed in an afternoon. Simply cut out leaf shapes from felt, string them together on yarn, and use to decorate your space for autumn!
- felt in assorted colors
- darning needle
- card stock for leaf template
- Make a leaf template using the card stock. I used the print-out template provided by 86 Lemons.
- Using the leaf template, trace leaf shapes onto the felt using a marker. Cut out the leaves from the felt–make sure to cut inside the line, otherwise marker will show around the edges of your leaves.
- Thread the darning needle with yarn and sew the leaves together end to end. Continue to slide the leaves down the yarn as you go.
- When all the leaves are sewn together, cut the yarn from the skein and tie off each end with a single knot.
Inspired by 86 Lemons’ Felt Leaf Garland.