After tasting these, you won’t ever want to make brownies from a box again. These brownies are chocolately, fudgey perfection!
Servings: 16 brownies – Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use the real stuff!)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate bar and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat. Cool chocolate and butter mixture to room temperature.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly fold in flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chips, pour batter in pan, and bake for 25-35 minutes.
Slightly adapted from Ghirardelli’s Classic Brownies recipe.