Servings: 4 – Total time: 35 minutes
- 4 pitas
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasonings
- basil leaves
For 1 pizza:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice tomato and place on a paper towel to soak up some of the juice.
- Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil over pita bread. Sprinkle pizza with Italian seasonings, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Arrange tomato slices on top, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and a pinch of salt.
- Bake pizza on a baking sheet for 7 minutes. Add fresh basil leaves and bake for another 3 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
- Repeat for remaining pizzas.
Adapted from The Craving Chronicles’ Margherita Pita Pizza for One.