- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, half sliced and half shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, black pepper, parsley, cilantro, and flour. Mix until thoroughly combined and the chickpeas are mashed.
- Form 1-inch balls of falafel dough and flatten. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for another 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix shredded cucumber with yogurt and lemon juice.
- Cut pitas in half to form a pita pocket. Place 3 to 4 baked falafels inside. Top with sliced cucumber, tomato, and sauce.
Adapted from Food Network.
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen meatless crumbles
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Drain water from potatoes. In a large bowl, mix boiled potatoes with milk and butter until mashed.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté meatless crumbles, onion, and mushrooms for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until broth has thickened. Season with rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper, add frozen vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon filling into a casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Adapted from Cooking Nook.
Servings: 4 – Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 servings chow mein noodles
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 cup cabbage
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare chow mein noodles according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add carrot, onion, and cabbage. Sauté while noodles cook.
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add cooked noodles and sauce to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Stir to combine and sauté until tender.
- Serve and enjoy!